Monday, September 7, 2015

Novena to our Lady of Sorrows ~ Second Day ~

Prayer in honor of the Second Sorrow of Mary:
The Flight into Egypt



Most sorrowful Mother, thy mother’s Heart brimmed over with sorrow at the hate of Herod for thy innocent Son. To save Him from the king’s jealousy, thou had to flee with Him to Egypt. Thy Heart also suffered at seeing the suffering of thy holy spouse, Saint Joseph, at the prospect of taking the divine babe and thee, his delicate spouse, into the wilderness and the unknown.
Queen of Martyrs let me unite my heart to thine in this sorrow, and obtain for me the grace to avoid those who wish me evil, above all evil to my soul. Let me avoid temptations and never leave the difficult but royal road to heaven.

These prayers are to be recited each day after the Novena:

Hail Mary full of Grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed are thou among women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb Jesus. Holy Mary Mother of God, pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death. Amen

Prayer to our Sorrowful Mother for a particular grace
O, Mother most holy and sorrowful, Queen of Martyrs, thou who stood by thy divine Son as He agonized on the Cross; by the sufferings of thy life, by that sword of pain that pierced thy heart, by thy perfect joy in Heaven, look down on me kindly as I kneel before thee, sympathizing with thy sorrows and offering thee my petition with childlike trust.
Dear Mother, since thy Son refuses thee nothing, ask of His Sacred Heart to mercifully grant what humbly I pray, through the merits of His sacred passion, along with those of thy sufferings at the foot of the Cross.

Mother most merciful, to whom shall I go in my misery if not to thee who pities us poor sinful exiles in this valley of tears? In our name, offer Jesus but one drop of His most Precious Blood, but one pang of His loving Sacred Heart. Remind Him that thou are our sweetness, our life and our hope, and thy prayer on behalf of our prayers will be heard. Amen

Memorare
Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection, implored thy help or sought thy intercession, was left unaided. Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto thee, o Virgin of Virgins, my Mother. To thee do I come, before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in thy clemency, hear and answer me. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment